Wednesday, February 13

wishbone welcome

Over in Australia, Albert watched yesterday's symbolic "welcome to country" ceremony, performed in the Australian parliament by the indigenous community.


welcome to country


And today the government responded with a national apology.


sorry


Albert tells me it was a moving experience and a long-awaited break with the mean-spirited stance of the previous government.






I read a post at great-anonymous-albums.com about a Japanese band called Zizoh, who are a clone of Wishbone Ash. Listening to them on youtube is like taking a trip back in time to the 70s.





Speaking of time-trips, I dreamt last night that I was visiting hotboy and his domestic bliss. He was toiling over some writing, perhaps a university assignment, and I was able to offer him some of my old university essays if he wanted to plagiarise them. There were a lot of other visitors, mostly drug people, and I headed off to Waverley station to catch my train.

I know how to eat sleep, and dream. But because I'm fortunate to be an advanced flatheid, I am also able to reflect on things. With Doctor Robert's help I'll discover the meaning of the dream. But what do you think it means?

6 comments:

  1. Albert? Is that you? Thank you for the apology, but I don't accept it because you ruined my life and no apology will do. However, your salvation is at hand since your dream is telling you to leave me all the nazi gold when you kick the bucket (i.e. the essays and going to Waverley Station). Unfortunately, by then I shall be filthy rich, so my advice is to get a cheque off now (also some bliss pills!) while there's still time. Hope this helps. Hotboy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hotters! That actually makes a lot of sense. Did you have some help with that? That would help.

    PS - despite the thrashing Margaret and her successors gave the the National Health, I understand bliss pills are still available on prescription. One only has to admit to one's insanity, and the solution awaits. Look at me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I say!

    It would take a moment of real sanity to admit to one's insanity, surely?

    Perhaps Hotters should reflect on the words of Hesse "Self-realisation is not attained by clinging to a world of repose, paradise and islands of happiness. There must ne new experiences to carry one forward."

    I'm sure this will help a lot.

    MM III

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mingin'! I suppose that Hesse was another Herman! They're everywhere. Herman Hesse and the Hermits. What a band! This doesn't help much, methinks. Hotboy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hotters, I'm watching some spanking on another site right now, otherwise I'd reply to your interesting observation on Hermans. Aw, now you've made me miss the best bit. The things one does for the blogosphere.

    MM - I fear your adviced to hotters went in one rear and out the other, a bit like the spanking site.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Rob,

    I finally read your blog. What a beautiful island nation New Caledonia is. Wonder how you got to listen to so much vintage rock. Did you do that (listening, watching vintage rock and rockers) from New Caledonia? Do bands tour your island? Rgds, Subash.

    ReplyDelete