Tuesday, March 13

maturing tastes and a colour toy

What does it mean when you sweat for days over a considered post about the "exit strategy for Iraq," and then there's just a slow dribble of off-topic comments. Next, you post some typical stupidity about catapulting M and Ms at birds in the garden, with a link to a young thing with breasts falling out of her shirt, and overnight there's a torrent of comments. What a wonderful blogworld!

It's Monday evening and I'm just home from work after a hectic but enjoyable day. After I did a 5-and-a-half hour lesson with the same group, one student said he had enjoyed the class because it was a series of activities rather than just lecturing.

The low-alcohol Newcastle Brown and Guinness that I brewed 6 months ago have finally matured, and I've had one of each. To soak it up and neutralise the pesky alcoholic intoxication, I'm munching nuts mixed with crisps, a delicacy I first invented at the school tuck shop, and it still tastes just as good. What a fortunate thing I am!

I now have 3 days off till Friday, my other workday. What will I do with the time? Well tomorrow there's coffee and cake with Cap'n Kev, who's in port just now installing a windmill on his yacht. It seems the solar panels on their own don't generate enough power to run Age Of Empires all day long, so he needs to add a wind generator. What a fortunate man he is, not to have to work at all, not even 2 days a week like me.

Wednesday I'll swim the mile as usual, and then it's Thursday and HNT all oevre again. One of the books I'm reading is Billy Liar, possibly the first adult book I ever read. It'll be interesting to see whether it, or I, have matured at all in the intervening decades.

On Friday I have to work a whole morning, and in the afternoon the beloved partner goes to work overseas again for 10 days. Hooray for some time alone, to let myself go even more than usual! And the eventual reunion will be nice too.

If I can be bothered, I'll do my bit for prostate health at the weekend, and I might even tweak the colour-scheme on the blog, since I discovered this wonderful web-based toy called ColorMatch. They have some nice rich greys. You can use it to generate a colour scheme for your blog or for your walls. I found it at spinning girl.

There's some beautiful soprano sax and bass on the radio at the moment, I wouldn't mind dropping dead right now, life surely can't get any better than this. It's been a pleasure knowing you, and these last 2 years of blogging have been just the best, though maybe the 2 years on bliss medication had something to do with it too. The other book I'm reading just now is called How To Deal With People You Can't Stand, so maybe my life isn't actually that perfect after all, if I hate everybody around me. But that means things could get even better than this. Maybe I'll stay alive for a bit longer and see what happens.

7 comments:

  1. I think that a lot of the reason topics of war are left alone are because people are afraid to put down in words their thoughts and feelings about it. It's a very controversial subject right now and riles up a lot of feelings in many people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think what Angel says is true, at least for the people in this part of the world!
    You do have a way of putting a smile on my face! I think you are very much a fortunate creature. You only working 2 days a week. Lucky you!
    I have slowed down on the blogging some, but I miss you. I hope you are enjoying your time off!
    ~xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adolf! Heil|! What "young thing falling out of her shirt"? That wasn't you, was it? Thank God this computer still runs on steam and I don't have to put up with all them dirty videos! Don't worry about owning half of Bavaria, by the way, and being so well off you don't have to work. Wait till your deid!! Then you'll be sorry! Hotboy

    ReplyDelete
  4. angel, I think you're right, and there's probably enough feelings stirred up already.

    LA - so nice to see you, I'll try phoning again this weekend if I see you online.

    HB - if your pal Adolf's interested in brewery investment down here, I accept all currencies, no questions asked.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adolf. Do the dark coloured shirts get you going too? I think your friend hotboy avoided clicking the T-shirt photo, but you may have seen it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have with ColorScheme... I can't live without it anymore... ;-))

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks for commenting, did you say I could use your dirty laundry?

    ReplyDelete