Monday, December 31

balanced view

Since I got some bliss counselling to help me deal with the approaching hordes from Australia, I've been able to reframe the whole thing in my mind. Forget feeling guilty and indebted. In fact, they should be grateful to me for accepting their hospitality for all those months. They live in the most isolated city on earth, and I brought some unique weirdness and Scottishness into their lives. Who do they think they are? Trying to make me feel bad. When they phone, I'll tell them to piss off!

I feel better already.





They phoned just now, and it's all worked out fine. I'm going to their hotel at 7 on Wednesday morning, for a morning constitutional with the head pict. Then we'll meet the others and go somewhere for breakfast and I can pick up the tab without breaking the bank. And because it's early in the day most of them will be sober. Such good fortune! What was I so concerned about? If only I was a proletarian I would never have worried in the first place.

PS - must remember to double the bliss pillage on Wednesday.

2 comments:

  1. Albert? These Scottish basturns have no respect for manners. Take a half bottle of whisky to breakfast. Throw yourself into he spirit of the thing. Ask them if they'd like a few downers for the whisky to wash down. They'll just walk all over you otherwise. Tell them you're a secret Celtic supporter. See how they like that?! Hotboy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Albert? Hope you have survived! It'll be New Year here in wet, chilly jockoland in about four hours. So Happy New Year! Hotboy

    ReplyDelete