Tuesday, December 4

trade balance

The only thing wrong with project-managing the building of your new kitchen is that you have to deal with tradesmen. I shouldn't say that, because it's not quite fair - I've had some wonderful tradesmen too. But I've had one or two shockers, people who really need the services of a good psychiatrist.

You might say that when half the tradesmen are great, and half of them a disaster, it's a fair balance. But it's not. The bad ones bring grief, sorrow and lamentations into your life, whereas the good ones are conflict-neutral: they just get on and do the job you're paying them for.

Last week I had the plasterers from hell. If the universe was properly balanced, the good plumbers for example would be beautiful Thai whores, dancing naked in their tea-break before finishing off your pipework. That would be fair compensation.

6 comments:

  1. Albert? If you knew any properly qualified members of the aristocrasy of labour, you'd get it half price. And "beautiful Thai whores"? Aye, it's all coming on now, eh? Any photies? Hotboy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say!

    One of the plasterers wasn't Carslemane by any chance? He's gone missing from Wally Waters, so I understand. Probably gone to get plastered.

    MM III

    ReplyDelete
  3. heehee! I hope the universe was kind to you..

    ReplyDelete
  4. I get what you are saying! It becomes a huge project. If only they all did exactly what they are paid to do....it would run smooth.
    You must post pictures of the finished project.
    Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now that you're experienced, would you care to take on my kitchen remodel? I have the money (or at least my kids do) but not the will.

    ReplyDelete
  6. HB - half-price crap work is still crap. Or were you perhaps referring to the oldest profession?

    MM - I already asked him if he knows Spud.

    ReplyDelete