Friday, August 15

just trust

For years my bliss partner has been trying to teach me to be optimistic and trust people. The woman who was looking after dog and house in my absence was a complete stranger to me, but she did a professional job, if you ignore the busted toaster, melted kettle, blocked drains, and cracked water main gushing merrily away under the house. I await with interest the next phone and electricity bills. On the plus side, the Wishbone Ash CDs are untouched, the house is still standing and the dog is well.

But the winter weather here is positively Edinbroid, reminiscent of the walk to work across North Bridge on a windy January morning. So for now it's back to four jumpers and a pantaclava.

2 comments:

  1. Nice to hear the natives didn't eat your dog when you were away. Maybe you should try to trust and not trust people at the same time to balance things up. Hotboy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hotters, that's a brilliant, elegant and practical solution, as well as being the way I've been heading already. For now you're my new sensei. Just please don't spoil it by mentioning blissology.

    ReplyDelete