Tuesday, September 9

luddism in the face of cultural imperialism

Still too busy to blog, mainly because I've now trashed the disk on a second computer, and I'm spending whole days fixing (i.e. further breaking) PCs. This is not how I want to be spending my life, what's left of it. Fortunately the bliss pills keep the rage down to manageable levels. Occasionally I fantasise about binning everything and going back to writing letters and reading the paper.

I don't know about the news in your country, but nothing ever happens here, so for a long time the media have been awash with US concerns. The only break in about two years of election build-up has been serial hurricanes. There's another 4 months of electioneering, and then it will all be over for a couple of years until the next campaign.

Have to go now and walk the dog, so I can be back in time for the live breakfast broadcast of Murray v Federer in the US Open. Thank goodness for American telecasting.

8 comments:

  1. Albert? Thank god nothing happens in New Caledonia! Here it rains almost constantly which is very exciting! Also, the sandals I'm wearing I got off a dead person 15 years ago and they're still serviceable. Such excitement! How can I stand it? Hotboy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hotters that's spooky - I'm still wearing the thick woollen socks Linda knitted back in the 70s. As I told her when I saw her last month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, you are right, campaigning and now the weather...something always going on here.
    I hope you have a great weekend.
    Still need to try to hook up on messenger some time!
    Miss you!
    ~xo
    Lee Ann

    ReplyDelete
  4. I say!

    The news here is that President Bingu wa Mutharika, or 'Bingers' as we affectionately know him, is in the news, as has been Matilda, who is no relation to Waltzing Matilda.

    Buy your computers in bulk, is what I suggest. That way, at least one of them is likely to work at any given time.

    That will definitely help.

    MM III

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lee - when I get a proper computer let's talk. Meanwhile, I still keep an eye on my blogline feed from the Castle.

    Mingers. Is Bingers any relation? Nepotism would help fund all the holidays and the domestic staff.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Albert? Has someone chopped your bloggy off? Hotboy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I say!

    When you walk your dog, is it muzzled? Has it had its rabies jab recently?

    MM III

    ReplyDelete
  8. hotters - the last post kept deleting itself. Sorry to have interrupted your blow-up doll research.

    mingers - surely that would spoil its enjoyment of postmen and toddlers?

    ReplyDelete