Tuesday, September 30

brother can you spare 7 trillion dimes?

To blog this I'm dragging myself away from the radio/TV/newspaper coverage of the U.S. slow-motion train wreck. If you were a writer you could try and turn it into a 21st century Shakespearian tragedy, but how could any fiction match the real-life scenes in NY and Washington?

I watched the whole first debate, both as politics and as oedipal drama. I still lean towards the younger man, but whoever wins will bring a merciful infusion of brain cells to the top job. Of course the new guy will still feel compelled to pardon the bastards who have been pulling the moronic strings. I'm not feeling reckless enough to mention any names.

Next, there's Palin up against Biden. I wouldn't want to be in his position. He has his hands tied. If he attacks any of her weak points, it'll just make voters feel sorry for her. We can only hope she sabotages herself with one blunders and gaffes.

4 comments:

  1. Albert? Is that you? Now is the time to learn to life on air alone!! Thank god I've got a pile of tatties left. That should help. Hotboy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say!

    Didn't Biden bowl for the Western Cape in the late eighties? Is he still around? What team is he playing for now?

    MM III

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm still dining out on the Couric interview of Palin last week. Palin committed political suicide with unerring and devastating effectiveness.

    Ah, the simple pleasures in life!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ion - it would be nice if the investigation into her alleged improper use of her position (only males are supposed to do that) re the state trooper, could be finished before the election.

    hotters - make your own vodka!

    mingers - I was hoping you could tell me.

    ReplyDelete