Thursday, January 1

new year's eve

I was thinking of blogging what was good about my 2008, then doing New Year's resolutions, but I can't be bothered. Don't care.

I've been crabbit as hell for weeks now, I think it may have begun when I started trying to meditate. In fact all the blissheids I know are bad-tempered, but it's chicken and egg whether they bliss because they're crabbit or the blissing makes them crabbit.

As usual after Xmas we drove down with the mother outlaw to stay at Spud's mum's place. But just one night there was enough for me. For one thing I couldn't sleep for the heat and the noise of the frogs outside the window.

So the next day I took the train back home, for everyone's sake. First night back - at 2 a.m. there was someone walking around the back garden trying the windows. By the time I got up and switched on lights, he was away.

Tonight, New Year's Eve I've had a glass of wine and that's enough excitement. I've got the camera beside the bed in case the garden guy comes back.

Tomorrow the partner and the mother outlaw are coming back. Happy New Year to you by the way.

There's just time to share this photo of one of the highlights of 2008 - our trip to visit Menzies in Malawi, when I had time for some swimming at Victoria Falls.


8 comments:

  1. Albert? It's two hours to go here. Happy New Year! Home alone, he knew you were! Your outlaw will scare them off, I'm sure! Hotboy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish we could have had a glass of wine together. That would have been way more excitement than I had.
    Happy New Year Rob!
    ~xo
    Lee Ann

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sincere thanks for sparing us the 'boast in the post', round-robin 2008 round-up. Those send me homicidal.

    And how fortunate that you're so misanthropic as to bail out of the festivities and thus prevent burglarisation. Result!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I say!

    That snap was taken from the Zambian side of the Falls. Much developed there since the last time I visited, mainly because so few people now go to the Zimbabwean side, where a beer costs $10billion.

    Happy New Year.

    MM III

    ReplyDelete
  5. HB - congratulations on such a coherent post two hours before the bells.

    LA - I can't believe you had less excitement than a glass of wine. Next year let's have a glass on webcam.

    ion - have a happy new DN-free year. Reclaim the night in your own bedroom.

    MM - as I recall the alco-free beer was only 5 million.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok, that is my goal.... having a glass of wine over the webcam with you! Be ready...ok? Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I say!

    Did Spud's Mum have any news of Carslemane? A post-card...obituary notice...accident report...UFO sighting?

    MM III

    ReplyDelete