Thursday, July 30

leading misanthropologist's reputation threatened

Walked for 2 and a half hours yesterday through the New South Caledonian forest with Dances Etc. and the dog. To the bottle shop and back. The return journey was harder, uphill and with a backpack full of bottles.

Click it to big it:




Dances Etc. was in better form than for a long time, having recovered well from a break-up, a kneecap-shattering motorbike spill, and pouring boiling water on his head. Possibly this is the happiest/strongest I've seen him in 45 years, no doubt buoyed up by his visit last week to Albert in Australia.


harbour animation


Next week he goes to Scotland, so I'm wondering if I should put him on the mailing list for Duneditin.

I hardly believe I'm saying this, but his visit is the second I've enjoyed in the past few weeks. Having the outlaw couple here was a real joy too. Before now, I had only ever seen them in the company of their weans, harassed or distracted.

That's three visitors I've enjoyed this month. If this gets out I'll get the sack from the Misanthropology Faculty.

Dances Etc. is an endless source of interesting information. Like the fact that, Michael Jackson, who never complained when black militants vilified him for turning white, quietly donated huge sums to charities, some of them black. Over his career, he gave away $300 million to worthy causes.

Even more interestingly, Dances Etc. told me about the elephants who paint pictures of themselves. Here's just one of the videos:


4 comments:

  1. I say!

    What a to-do. What a set of calamities to happen to Dances Etc. Just as well he's given up the cricket.

    Of course, he'd be made welcome at Duneditin 2009. I could just about slot him in for a plenary.

    Albert, in Australia, looks well.

    MM III

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say!

    African elephants are much better artists, IMHO.

    MM III

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mingers, I'll tell him to register.

    Do African elephants do sculpture perhaps? Or urine installations, like Damien Hirst.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yon elephant is crap at painting. I could paint better than that. Hotboy

    ReplyDelete