Sunday, August 23

alma mater and crime and punishment

In postmodern fashion I'm reading two books at the same time on the ipod. The Real Alma Mater and Crime And Punishment.

Thanks to the wonders of intertextuality, it has become a unique moral tale about a desperate Edinburgh student, McKolnikov, who murders the bourgeois Hendersovich by pushing him off Salisbury Crags. Consumed by guilt, he subjects himself to drink, drugs, meditation and other punishments, but the deities catch up with him in the end.

4 comments:

  1. Albert? All this reading stuff on the Ipod seems very clever. I wonder what an Ipod is? I had a walkman once and thought it was great for five minutes. After a few years, it broke. Dearie me. Is an Ipod breakable? Just wondering. Hotboy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hotters, I'm sure you could find a way to break one. Falling down drunk with one in your back pocket would probably work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Albert? Since I've given up the beer ..... Hotboy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I say!

    Elements of that plotline sound familiar.

    MM III

    ReplyDelete