Saturday, May 12

tales of the river bank

On the 4-hour walk yesterday, I found a couple of strong, perfectly straight tree branches, and requisitioned them as what they called walking staffs a long time ago. I tried using them like nordic walking sticks. The technique, which I had always thought was for posers, actually works wonderfully. Talk about propulsion! And a great workout for the arms and back.

Since the mother outlaw died, there's less motivation to take photos. These Easter ones are similar to the terrain we were on yesterday.











4 comments:

  1. A walking staff is a wonderful thing.

    Nice pics, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Albert? That doesn't look like a desert! Have you moved to a swamp? Hotboy p.s. I'm growing special cabbages you can make into walking sticks. No kidding!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nanners, aye, a staff is a serious thing.

    Hotters, I think you've been overdoing the yogurts again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I say!

    Wonderful snaps!

    MM III

    ReplyDelete