Friday, March 29

easter

A dear old uni friend died last weekend after a shortish shock illness. She and her family are in my thoughts many times a day. Even at this distance, it fair took the wind out of my sails, and suddenly my body feels a lot older. 

But it'll pass, and at least I managed a great swim, by starting slowly and only shifting gear after the first 10 lengths. Ordinarily I tend to go at it like a bull at a gate, breathless and resentful the whole time. 

At work, I stumbled wearily to the Easter finishing line, unfocused and mumbling. Now for four days of reading, sleeping, and the traditional Matthew Passion. Oh the profundity!




I blog with BE Write

5 comments:

  1. I'm sorry for the loss of your friend. It is never easy to be left behind.

    Well done on the swimming. I'm waiting for the weather to warm up enough to kayak.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nanners, I feel quite grateful to be left behind. I hope your weather warms soon, you guys deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I say!

    In order to avoid bilharzia, I only swim in flowing water.

    MM III

    ReplyDelete
  4. I learned about bilharzia just across the road from the flash sing museum. I never thought they occur naturally, but if you're saying you've seen one, I'm convinced.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete