Wednesday, November 21

das coitus interruptus HNT

In Almost Like a Whale: The Origin of Species Updated Steve Jones compares species to countries:

Species and nations have a lot in common. What, for example, is a German? The tribe has a shared and guttural means of communication that interrupts intercourse of most kinds.

What does the last part mean? It could mean they interrupt each other in conversation, but that's not unique to Germans - Australians do that too.

Or it could mean they talk during sex, I believe some people do that.

I should know the answer, because I'm half-German, as you can see here. This week's picture was taken a long time ago on the day I finally gave up trying to grow a moustache, and shaved it off in stages. The half-nekkid part is the top lip.


HNT_1


If you're desperate, you can access all the old half baked thursday posts.

9 comments:

  1. Albert the Ubermensch? Is that you? As your electoral agent, I must say this bit of propoganda leaves something to be desired. Now if you had on the big black boots and the hat, I think the gay vote would definitely go for you. Hope this helps. Hotboy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa. Dude. I'm speechless.
    Somehow I suspect this picture will make a lot of people uncomfortable. It looks entirely too real. I think the Nazi salute (along with the flag and just about every other Nazi symbol) is actually illegal in Gernamy now.
    I'm against restricting freedom of expression so such laws rankle me but I'd be surprised if you don't get more than a few nervous comments LOL HHNT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must admit to being a little frightened.

    HHNT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I say!

    Do Germans have sex? Horrible thought.

    Did you used to eat these: http://fxcuisine.com/default.asp?Display=129

    MM III

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, this is VERY disturbing to say the least. What were you thinking?

    ReplyDelete
  6. keyser - in German your name means cheese. Is that comfortable? ;)

    MM - can we request that on the menu for next year's Edinblogference?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great photo... and great resemblance!

    You and I have a lot in common, Rob. I'm German as well, though no one can ever guess it for some reason. Comes from both sides of my family... They say I'm a full 5/6 German! ;)

    Great things have "sprung" from German soil! ;)

    xoxo
    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  8. Albert? All that goosestepping around and heiling Hitler won't do you any good at all! With the dark hair and the brown eyes, you'll be up to your ears in shower gel before you can say Horst Vesel (?) the noo! It really won't help! Hotboy

    ReplyDelete