Thursday, October 2

balanced walking

Just back from the morning dogwalk, trying out the pulse monitor that I've borrowed from the blister. She's lost the instructions, so I'm the only one who can figure out how to work it. But I'm not sure how to interpret the stats it's giving me. I suspect that, like everything, they're part good and part bad.

At one point, after only a minute of fast uphill tramping in the ankle sandbags, the reading reached 143 bpm (probably bad). Yet I wasn't even out of breath (good), and the pulse went down again to about 100 after about half a minute (probably good). Natural equilibrium!

I seem to remember that somebody, possibly me, had a post and comments some time ago about pulse rates, but finding it is too much like work, and I'm on holiday. I'd rather spend the time in the garden murdering weeds.

3 comments:

  1. I say!

    Were you marking out your runup?

    MM III

    ReplyDelete
  2. I try to get my pulse to the 135 - 140 mark when on the treadmill. By the time I finish and go through my cooldown, it is around 95 - 100.
    Sounds like you are having a pretty good workout!
    Have a great weekend!
    ~xo
    Lee Ann

    ReplyDelete
  3. MM - yes, playing cricket down a rocky slope in the middle of forest could only make for a more interesting game.

    LA - Thanks coach, I can always rely on you. You have a good one too, I hope your job is safe amongst the financial carnage. You're not with AIG I presume.

    ReplyDelete