Friday, May 28

friday night

The weekend. I think I'm supposed to meet Cap'n Kev for coffee, but otherwise I'm free to read. I've got one and a half Irvine Welshes, a recent J P Donleavy, and something recommended by Dances - The Stornoway Way. He says it's like a Hebridean Trainspotting.

Listening planned. Best of Soft Machine. I missed out on them at the time, but have been reading about them, ancestors of some great Brit prog rock bands. Also CDs by Lightning Hopkins, whom I used to listen to stoned with Angie and her pal. And an Ahmad Jamal CD of standards.

Must remember to also do some yoga and a long walk, to balance up the cerebral activity.

2 comments:

  1. Dearie me! Not one mention of the bliss there, I'm afraid. Dearie, dearie me! Hotboy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually you're right, the weekend so far has been such a waste of time, I might as well have been sitting staring into space.

    ReplyDelete