Saturday, October 27

poor service

Lee Ann recently experienced bad service in a restaurant. She had to wait ages before they even took her order. Then another long wait before they brought the (wrong) food. And after the meal there was another long wait to be allowed to pay.

I could never wait that long. Firstly, if they don't take the order quickly, I'm out of there.

Ditto if they take the order but then they take ages to bring the food. Life's too short.

And if they don't want to take my money at the end of the meal, I leave the money at the desk or on the table.



Here's another good idea - if you're buying a newspaper at the newsagent, and there's a long queue because the person at the front is buying lottery tickets or settling a bill, just walk to the counter and lay the money on the counter, then walk out. Legally, the transaction is complete. Try always to have some loose change and small notes in your pocket, for occasions like that.



Waiting in line at the supermarket checkout is impossible to avoid, but at least they lay on free magazines and chocolate for queuers. At least I assume the chocolate's free.

6 comments:

  1. I say!

    Hereabouts, in village restaurants, there is normally only one available dish. What is in it will depend on what is available on that particular day.

    In expensive restaurants in Western climes, I do not mind waiting for the food to be cooked, because this means it has actually been cooked on the site, rather than having been cooked previously, frozen, and then re-heated for serving.

    Waiting a certain length of time in a restaurant after the order has been taken (which should occur soon after arrival) can thus ensure an excellent end-result.

    An alternative, of course, is the buffet. They put on a superb buffet at the Ku Chawe on a Sunday.

    MM III

    ReplyDelete
  2. Albert? Of course, I don't eat in restaurants because I am permanently skint and they spit in the food. They would definitely spit in your food! Anyway, I have perfectly good home made bread and soup at home, which is incomparably delicious! Hotboy

    ReplyDelete
  3. MM - if you're dining out with a deifheid, any delay in service leads to more verbiage.

    HB - spitting's the least of it, from what I've heard. Would never happen if they had nice ex-public-school chefs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You get free chocolate standing in line at the grocery store?????
    Wow, that is nice.

    Rob, I hope you have a great week!
    ~xo
    Lee Ann

    ReplyDelete
  5. LA - I've never had to pay for it.
    Hope your week's going well. I'll be using your coaching again tomorrow at the pool.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I meant to tell you, if you are cramping while swimming...you may be slightly dehydrated or a little low on potassium. Drink plenty of fluids and eat a couple of bananas!!!
    Call me in the morning!
    ;)

    ReplyDelete