Saturday, June 7

flight balance

Whenever my bliss partner and I go to Europe, we take different routes, on different days, and different airlines. I take no pleasure at all in the fact that she ignored my advice not to fly with the striking airline. The engineers have now begun a strike, and one plane to London has already been delayed 36 hours! Admittedly, that was because all its toilets were mysteriously blocked just before the strike began.

This is an artist's impression of my partner spending this weekend sitting on her luggage at the airport.




But it's not all bad, because unlike me she has a strong back and will be able to handle the standing and sitting around. As a minister's daughter, she used to have to sit motionless in a church pew. For three services every Sunday. That was child abuse, but her good posture is going to help her deal with the airport queues. Everything balances up: unlike her, I resigned from Sunday School as soon as I was old enough to smoke, and now I haven't even got enough moral fibre to sit up straight.

3 comments:

  1. Albert? Is that you? Your lack of moral fibre has always been your strong point. Having scabbed on the airport workers by refusing to be persecuted, you're next move is definitely to rat on the fellow workers. They won't have any moral fibre either so remember to get yours in first. That must help. Hotboy p.s. If her plane gets across, that must lower your chances surely? You should go first.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The toilets on those long-haul flights are always aswim with human effluent after 2 hrs anyway. I recommend an adult-size nappy and a hefty dose of immodium. Good luck to your partner, who I hope is also flying business. On the house-sitting by the Big Wan- just say no, for god's sake.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hotheid - that's very encouraging, thnks for helping.

    ion - yes, if your place could be trashed in an evening, imagine what could be achieved by our boy over a month.

    ReplyDelete