Wednesday, October 15

pills and laughter

The first visit this year by the deifheids was a useful reminder of why the weekly walks with them had to stop. Enough said. In contrast, last weekend we went to visit Kerry and Ray (to hell with protecting people's anonymity, nobody reads this stuff anyway), and what a pleasure that was! Ray is taciturn but if you ask him about something, he knows a lot that's useful. Kerry talks a lot, but it's all good practical stuff, she doesn't whinge, and she knows how to listen too.



Recently, the bliss pills have lost their effectiveness, in fact they've been making me quite cranky. It's probably a fault at the factory - they're manufactured in Australia, where quality control is not quite up to the standard of the rest of the third world. Over there, the bliss pills are so unreliable, people are turning instead to low-tech solutions like laughter workshops. Spud's brother is building a career there, as a certified laughter facilitator. This is one of the videos filmed at his workshops, and you can see the results for yourself.


5 comments:

  1. Albert? Nothing the matter with having a good laugh!! I can't remember the last time I had a good laugh. I think it was with Brian Wilson. Anyway, you should grow weed and give up them pills! Hotboy p.s. If you sold the weed cheap, you'd get to know some interesting juvenile delinquents (gurls!!) Hotboy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say!

    Doviko had many, many questions about that video - all of which I found difficult to answer. He very much enjoys these clips showing Europeans (his word for anyone not from Africa). His big question was - "Sir, do they not have to dig their fields?"

    MM III

    ReplyDelete
  3. hotters - I've watched Ideal, so I've seen what happens to people like you who consort with necrophiliacs.

    mingers - please tell doviko the husbands dig the fields.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do the bliss pills work, except in those first few months when one feels stoned and can't come? I had emotional swings before taking them, during the 15 years on them and the 3 years withdrawing, and in my current unmedicated state. This n=1 experiment tends to suggest I never had a disease, that the drugs didn't work or the human condition isn't responsive to paroxetine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ion - they still seem to help me sleep, and there's the knock-on effect of that on my waking state. You're right, the anclimaxia or whatever it's called does wear off, so maybe everything else does too.

    I suppose it may just be the placebo effect in my case, and now that I've named it, they may never work on me again. Looks like I may have to resort to meditation.

    Sorry to hear the pesky human condition isn't responsive in your case. On the other hand, my own condition has never responded well to booze or drugs, so that's a fair balance.

    I sometimes wonder, if everyone bonked several times a day, could they still be bothered being depressed?

    PS - I'm not sure I've ever had a mood swing. Just the one continuous mood all my life.

    ReplyDelete