Tuesday, March 3

big red goes to the big garden

This little beauty was out and about a lot in the recent wet weather.




Isn't he magnificent? About two inches long. I named him Big Red.

I was walking down the concrete path today, when I suddenly skidded for some distance, and my heart sank as I realised that only one thing could be as slippery as that. I had stood on Big Red! I'll spare you a description, but it wasn't pretty. I was going to do the humane thing and put him out of his misery, but I would probably have messed that up and just added further torture. So I walked away, to at least let him die in peace.

4 comments:

  1. Albert? Is that you? At least, you didn't eat it. Hotboy

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beat. It's an it, not a he and it was maybe his cousin you smooshed. We can't all be Jains, and they inadvertently kill every time they wash their hands.

    Hoo's the fulltime? Have you acheived fa;se consciousness yet?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I say!

    Pavement kill.

    MM III

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hotters - but eating it wpuld be better than wasting it, surely?

    Ioniser - I thought of that, but it could have been construed as racism to say they all look the same to me.

    Mingers - good idea, I'll send it to Albert for his roadkill blog. PS - that incident in Pakistan was surely a little unsporting?

    ReplyDelete