Friday, March 6

just for a change

Everyone knows that the northern hemisphere is the opposite of the southern hemisphere - when it's winter in one, it's summer in the other. And when it's daytime in New South Caledonia, it's night time in Europe. And water gurgles down the plughole the opposite way around. But not everyone realises that absolutely everything is the opposite.

For instance, it's Friday night here in the southern hemisphere. Time to pull up the drawbridge and slip into the smoking-jacket. I'm feeling so blissful, I can't even be bothered opening a beer. Meanwhile, some people in the northern hemisphere are knocking back beer at high speed. Everything's balancing up.



I've been having lots of dreams. One was a nightmare. I dreamt my brother was in the habit of visiting Scotland, and to kill time during the day, he brewed cups of tea in the old flat I used to live in. He still had the front door key from when I lived there, and as long as he didn't bump into the new owner, he would get away with it.

In the dream, I broke into the house along with him, and I kept saying "c'mon, we've gotta get out before the guy comes home."

As I opened the front door of the flat and peered out, there was a lawyer with a briefcase coming up the stairs. I ran out past him, and he started shouting something like "stop thief!"

I woke up in a sweat. I know what they do to nice middle class people like me in prison.

Remember, everything has to balance up! And so it came to pass that, at the very same time as my nightmare of Edinburgh, an Edinburgh blogger had a nightmare about springing a leak in his boat in the Pacific Islands. Uncanny how everything balances up!



I've also been having dreams about smoking, where I'm drawing deep on a cigarette, and thinking "this is gonna get me hooked again." This is what comes of visiting Ra Baccy Blog too often.

I haven't smoked anything in decades, while some people in the northern hemisphere will smoke anything that burns. It's all balancing up.



Today I finally lost my mobile phone, after four years of ownership, during which I used it perhaps a couple of dozen times. Meanwhile in the northern hemisphere, some people are suddenly taking their mobile phones out of the box for the first time, and discovering a multitude of uses for them. Everything's balancing up.

6 comments:

  1. Albert? What an interesting nightmare! Have you asked Dr Rob for an interpretation? I'll give one later, but only if it will help. Hotboy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hotters. Doctor Rob says the dream of brewing the tea in the old flat represents the beer I used to brew for friends to get drunk on.

    And apparently the running away from the lawyer represents the blissheid who did a runner out of the back of my cab without paying.

    Can you beat Doctor Rob?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Albert? Due to the severity of the calvinist toilet training you underwent at the hands of the evil bourgeois, you have become completely anally fixated. Your latent homosexual tendencies have come into conflict with the life story you tell yourself, and plundering your memories of past times in a way that no longer can avoid conflicting emotions. As you flee from the past lies and obfuscations, you realise that the laws of life will catch you in the end and give you a terrible spanking at some point. Unfortunatly, this is something you may enjoy. That'll be ten percent off the top, please. Hotboy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I say!

    In the Windies, it looks like series loss for England. In South Africa, it looks like a series win for the Aussies. In England this summer, in order to balance things up, it will be a series win for England. Let's just hope that you are correct about balance.

    My balance went completely, last week, after 6 MGTs. This weekend I've left off the MGTs. More balance.

    For three whole days, Hotters is off the beer. This weekend - well, one can only guess how it will balance up.

    MM III

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mingin'! I balanced up getting pevo-ed on Thursday by refraining on Friday. Such balance that I got pevo-ed on Saturday and I'm getting pevo-ed again before going back to the jobbie on Monday! Hurrah! Hotboy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mingers and Hotters - such extremes! The ancient Taoist saying could help you - man with one foot in fire and one foot in ice block him no balanced.

    The other helpful saying is - man who drink beer with no beer, him balanced.

    You see? It all makes sense.

    ReplyDelete