Monday, March 2

why I shouldn't go out

We were invited out for brunch at the home of some other non-deifheids that we know. I excelled myself socially. contributing twice to the conversation. The first time, I overheard a woman talking about a wedding I was at. It was time I said something:

Me: Oh, I didn't know you were at that wedding too. I met a guy there with cancer, I wonder how he's getting on.

Her: He just died. He was my husband.

Later on, she was talking about the very childish behaviour of someone called Rebecca. I decided to make up for my earlier gaffe, so I thought I'd empathise with her:

Me: How old is this Rebecca?

Her: 35.

Me: It sounds like she needs to see a psychiatrist.

Later I discovered she had been talking about her own, mentally disabled daughter.

I get my tact and other social skills from my old dear, though I'm not in her league.

2 comments:

  1. Albert? If you drank beer with your beer, you wouldn't be able to remember these gaffes. That would help. Hotboy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say!

    Life is full of faux pas.

    MM III

    ReplyDelete