Thursday, June 7

second life HNT

I recently signed up with Second Life.

According to wikipedia, "Second Life is an Internet-based virtual world which ... enables its users, called Residents, to interact with each other through motional avatars. ... Residents can explore, meet other Residents, socialize, participate in individual and group activities, create and trade items (virtual property) and services from one another."

Unlike other online virtual environments where there are game rules and goals, in SL you have to make things happen yourself. Here's a sample social interaction I had:

"I'm new here"
"So am I"
"Is there anyone else here?"
"Dunno"

After I had spoken (typed) to a few people I realised my social skills are nil. But I discovered that you can take some or all of your clothes off, and even fly around waving your privates at the world. That's more like it!

It was too dangerous to take an HNT shot while I was actually flying, but this one was taken when I landed on one of the German islands:




Why am I wasting time in a virtual sort of Big Brother environment? Well, I'm planning to use it one day in my work (I'm a teacher). You see, when the flu pandemic gets going and the real world grinds to a halt, they'll close down corporations, industry, and schools and colleges. Everyone's going to be stuck at home for months to avoid fatal infection.

That's where my plan comes into play. I'll set up a virtual classroom, with virtual desks and lessons and exams, and run classes for my real-life students, while we're all at our home PCs. That way, I'll still get paid, and the students' education isn't interrupted.




Of course I'll have to put my Second Life trousers back on, but nobody will know if I'm still half-naked in reality.


HNT_1


PS - how hard can it be to identify my college photo in osbasso's contest?

14 comments:

  1. i think i have that flu thingy now ... *cough*

    Happy HNT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Albert! Dearie me! You really should get a proper job then you wouldn't have time for all this malarkey! Bound to drive you nuts eventually.Hotboy

    ReplyDelete
  3. but with 'virtual' ass like that, WHY would want to put your trousers back on??? :)

    HAPPY HNT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very creative.

    I agree with hotboy - you have way too much time on your hands!

    Happy HNT - and thanks for visiting me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The real question is, did anybody out there notice you were pantless? If so what did they say? HHNT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Half-naked avatar, now why didn't I think of that! HHNT!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Play all you want, but never bring work and play together! lol I don't want to even think about school for at least a couple more weeks. Oh, and your graduation picture would be a lot easier to identify if your foot was in the picture! ;-) Happy HNT!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had a go at this Second Life malarkey - I saw a motorboat parked outside a house - there was nobody about so I got into the boat and tried to start it up - a guy came out with a shotgun and threatened to 'blow me away'....
    .......and I was fully clothed !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow!!! You are playing rough!!!
    HHNT!
    I think you are #3 on that graduation photos Quizz...

    ReplyDelete
  10. If I join, do I get to make my member as big as I want? :-)

    Happy HNT!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dearie me- I'm surprised you weren't arrested and put on a sex offence register. Do they have virtual cops in Second Life?

    ReplyDelete