Friday, June 22

win-win-win

Just got home on a freezing Friday night. The partner has gone to visit her old dear for a few days, so it's a win-win-win situation all round. I've turned on the heaters, sunk the pre-dinner beer, and pulled up the drawbridge. Can life get much better? As the Australians say: I wouldn't be dead for quids.

How marvellous to have a home! A simple thing, but amazing. And tonight I'll let the hound sleep just outside the bedroom, a special treat for both of us. I'll hear her wee shuffles, grunts and yelps when she dreams. And being a dog she'll appreciate my flatulence. Another win-win situation.


6 comments:

  1. Awww....the two of you keeping each other company on a cold night!
    Perfect!!!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Albert! This stuff about the dog is very touching! It's not a blue heeler then? When it dies, are you going to scoff it like the lamb, or sing hymns over it's grave? Is it all food responses with dogs? Better to eat it then. I'll sing the hymns. Dog of ages, woofty woof! Hotboy p.s. That's made me want to cry, so it has!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I say!

    You and Hotboy seem to have finally found something in common - flatulence!

    MM III

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira. Até mais.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LA - today I ditched the hound with Spud's mum for a week, it was hard turning my back on her. I find doggy goodbyes much harder than human ones. In fact, saying goodbye to humans is my favourite activity.

    HB - as you noticed, it's the wrong colour, but it is an Aussie working dog. Are we going to record Dog of Ages for the pet cemetery chapel background music?

    MM - we prefer to call it raising heat.

    Roddy - no comprende, savvy?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Albert! I would record Dog Of Ages for the start of the Pet Bereavement Counselling Service webpage when I get a hut manageer, but I do not have a recorder just now! Hotboy

    ReplyDelete