Saturday, July 21

ra last book

The world is in a state of excitement over the publication of the new book by the Bill Gates of literature.

At last you can buy a copy of Badboy Hotters and the Earthy Allotment, by JK Menzie.

But not many people realise it's just a rehash of the first book in the series, Badboy Hotters and the Alma Mater, and as everyone knows, the characters who die are:

  • the character called Tony (dies in a broomstick crash)


  • the old man who lived across the landing (dies a bloody death, then the hero inherits the old man's magic greatcoat)


  • Liz dies on the last page (overdose)

There's very nearly another death - while under the influence of an evil potion, the hero almost kills himself by throwing himself off the Salisbury Crags. The good news is that he bottles out just in time, and in later life becomes a writer and bliss artist.

I hope I haven't spoilt it for you.

2 comments:

  1. Albert? I read half of the first book, which was pretty good since I wrote it. But it's great the Harry books originate in Edinburgh. And make so much money! I'll have to finish the first one sometime. Hotboy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say!

    Do the Aussies win in the end? No, don't spoil it for me, just in case they don't.

    MM III

    ReplyDelete