Wednesday, July 11

tropical breakfast in style (hnt)

I had to go on holiday last week, but it turned out okay, you feel great when you get back home again. Of course, you could probably get the same effect from moving in with the neighbours for a week.

The apartment was quite good, here's the view from the balcony.




When we first checked in at the apartment, we were surprised to discover that breakfast was already included, and all the breakfast gear I had schlepped from home was unneeded.

So at the end of the holiday I had to repack all my mueslis and porridges etc. and drag them back home again. But nothing's ever wasted ...

When we showed up at the island airport, the plane back was only half-booked. So they cancelled the flight and re-booked us onto the evening flight. That's one of the drawbacks of cheap airlines, but at least it gave us an extra day in the sun. Naturally I unpacked the soymilk, fruit and nuts out of my case, and we had a cheapskate but healthy lunch by the pool.


HNT_1


If you're desperate, you can access all the old half baked thursday posts here.

24 comments:

  1. I say!

    I should like to pass on a tip that a top photographer once gave me. He said, and I repeat here, "If you hold the camera up to your eye, your foot is less likely to get in the way of the shot, unless you are doing yoga at the time."

    I'm sure this will help.

    MM III

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhh yes.. there really is nothing as beautiful as a packed bird seed lunch by the pool when the spectacular beach with soft white sand, crystal clear sea and is more than 200m away.
    i totally sympathise.

    nice footy.

    happy hnt babe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Albert? Is that your foot? What a fantastic looking view, apart from the foot! God, I'd just love to go swimming there! That looks like my kind of holiday! Hotboy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I say!

    Is that Shag Island - to the right of your foot? Did you holiday in the UnHeard Ofs?

    MM III

    ReplyDelete
  5. i got nothing here, except, nice foot,and good food choices.
    HHNT!

    ReplyDelete
  6. MM - sort of unheard of. The island looks great, but is man-made from building rubble, then with a tree planted on the top. Would never have been allowed in the UnHeard Ofs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy HNT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. There's nothing wrong with that picture. Some of my best pictures are of my feet (or so I am told). HHNT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gotta love half-nekkid feet indeed! HHNT!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah....I feel so relaxed just looking at this picture!

    HHNT!

    ReplyDelete
  11. See, I happen to thrive on those cheap lunches. Those are sometimes the best ones... depending on who you're with and where it's taking place.Cheers and Happy HNT!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful view. I hope you're foot enjoyed it. :)

    HAPPY HNT!

    ReplyDelete
  13. it sounds nice and relaxing....and who would argue with another day at the beach.....

    HHNT

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this shot. I post favourites tonight and would love to use this shot and link your blog. Are you interested? Let me know under my HNT or by email. Happy HNT!

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOL @ menzies!
    That is such a cool shot, and you know, for a guy, you got a really purty foot!

    HHNT!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That foot sure gets around! I'm just glad we get to enjoy the view with it! Happy HNT!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ah, what an awesome photo! Really takes me away... and I'm in such a need for a trip myself! Fantastic photo. I love the glimpse of your own inspiring view. :)

    xoxo
    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love island vacations, but no matter how much sun screen I use, I always get burned.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have a naked foot too, mind if I join you? HHNT

    ReplyDelete
  20. do the underwear match the socks??

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow, nice looking place! I went on holiday just a month ago, and I already am ready for another! Hah!

    Happy HNT :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Bah! Your view is WAY better than the one in my post...*sulk*

    ReplyDelete
  23. The view is absolutely amazing!!

    HHNT

    ReplyDelete