Tuesday, July 31

mental arithmetic test for dementia

I found this at skindee's Test for Dementia.


Can you do mental arithmetic? Note: This must be done in your head only. Do NOT use paper and pencil or a calculator. Try it:

Take 1000 and add 40 to it.
Now add another 1000. Now add 30.
Add another 1000. Now add 20 .
Now add another 1000. Now add 10.

What is the total?

Scroll down for answer.....













Did you get 5000?

The correct answer is actually 4100

If you don't believe it, check it with a calculator!

7 comments:

  1. Yes, I DID get 5,000.

    I don't want to think about what this means.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Albert? Is it you? I got the right answer by scrolling down. I think that makes me smarter than the average joe with four heads and twelve arms ... around here anyways. Do I win one of your houses in Bavaria, or do I have to get both aunties first? Hotboy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I say!

    You got me. Now, if only it had been in Roman numerals. What with my name being MM III, and Mrs M's initials being MDCM, I rarely get caught out.

    MM III

    ReplyDelete
  4. Albert? Is that you? I can't remember if I've got dementia or not. Have you got it? Who's got it? Come on, own up! Hotboy

    ReplyDelete
  5. MM - do you and Mrs MDCM get a pension?

    LA - well done, it's obvious why you're in a financial profession. Can you explain where we went wrong?

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was too easy!!!! Everyone missing that get confused with the last line...
    Now... count it this way...
    (4X1000)=
    4000 +
    (40+ 30+ 20 + 10)=
    100 =
    4100

    ReplyDelete