Wednesday, November 14

after a long period of bliss

Things are a bit annoying just now, but I suppose that's only fair after such a long period of bliss. The rebuilding work is going on around me. The man with the sledgehammer was here yesterday to demolish things, and today it's the tradespersons with drills and their own sledgehammers. Thank goodness for the home brew and the ear muffs.

Two months ago when the kitchen designer was here, he said that getting a new kitchen is the most stressful thing a couple can go through.

Well it's true that one discovers things about one's partner that one would rather not know.

I've been with my partner for about ten years, but some visitors to this blog have been in their relationship for 20 or 30 years or more. Imagine what things they must have seen! Oh, the horrors!

2 comments:

  1. Albert? One of yous should have gone on holiday and come back when it was finished. You'll still have the barbie though, eh? And the voodoo chickens. Hope this helps. Hotboy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say!

    I thought you'd be using your own drill.

    MM III

    ReplyDelete