Tuesday, November 20

scheissbier

I tried a weissbier that they sell here - Schofferhoffer. It's from Munich, and it's properly cloudy, so I had high hopes. But when I opened it, there was none of that strange off/yeast smell, and the taste was disappointing.

The only place you can buy Erdinger here is in an overpriced pub in the city, and then you still have to find your way home. One day I'll make it back to Piddledorf, where the weissbier's cheaper than water. Or maybe I'll be able to buy Erdinger in Edinburgh. They're almost anagrams, so that should help.

8 comments:

  1. Albert? It's practically enough to make one fall off the wagon! I had an Erdinger on Saturday. The best thing about the whole day! You should write to Erdinger and ask for a free supply to be used as advertising in the hut. Their advertisers would go for it: ERDINGER -IF YOU CAN'T GET BLISSED, GET PISSED! Just tryin g to help! Hotboy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Albert? I did fall off the wagon. Ambushed by flatheids last night, with the swollen jaw from the abcessed tooth, I went out and bought three. Great beer. Truly great!! Hotboy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I say!

    How very interesting that you have such a choice. Here in Kalimbuka there's only Greens, Golds and Browns. Green is standard Carsberg. Gold is more potent. I haven't touched a Brown since the incident with the panga, the chicken, and Cabbage's big toe.

    MM III

    ReplyDelete
  4. HB - your good fortune cheers me almost as much as the real thing. Re the abscess - if you were the sensei you would just shoot it out. Avoid the soft palate though.

    MM - I don't recall you ever blogging the story of the brown and the big toe. Are there photies?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I honestly do not know what you said in this post. Sort of reminds me of some of Hotboy's posts!! (love you Hotboy!) ;)
    HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
    ~XO
    LEE ANN

    ReplyDelete
  6. LA - that's praise indeed. I could be suffering from a dose of the bliss.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What kind of talk during sex?

    Happy HNT!
    ~xo
    Lee Ann

    ReplyDelete
  8. LA - ask HB, he's the expert on sex in German uniform.

    ReplyDelete