Friday, November 14

nae bother

First, thanks to all our reader for yesterday's message of support.

I stayed strangely calm yesterday before the path results. By the time I saw the guy, I didn't much care which way it went. But the news was good, the lump was a lymph gland. Of course, if I'd had the courage of my convictions from the start, I wouldn't have had the lump out at all and I'd have saved the stress and money. I wonder how much the refund would be if they could put the lump back in.

I wanted to go out and celebrate with champagne and sushi, but the bliss partner chose to go home and have a night in to celebrate. But I still want to do domething special and life-affirming at the weekend. Any ideas?



Germany has officially gone into recession. There goes what would have remained of my inheritance, if it hadn't been blown already on the German medical fraternity. But I've got something better than money. Health!



Yesterday morning I had a filling done without an injection. Afterwards, the dentist read the riot act because he can tell that I haven't been wearing the dental splint at night. It's like a hard perspex mouthguard, designed to stop you grinding your teeth down to stumps in your sleep. But it's very uncomfortable. So I've agreed to try a cheap rubber mouthguard that footballers use. The dentist says it will at least prove whether I grind at night, as I'll chew my way through it in no time.



From the Glasgow Herald: In Jersey, as the grim details emerged earlier this year of shackles, bone fragments, a bloodstained bathtub and dozens of children's teeth, the revelations seemed gruesome.

Yesterday, after a 4 million pound investigation, police admitted that the rooms described as underground punishment chambers where children were beaten and raped were in fact "just cellars". Bones found at the site were in fact hundreds of years old. And an alleged skull fragment may be a coconut.

Jersey must have been trying to compete with Austria, where they've just issued a new charge of murder against guy who kept his daughter as a sex slave. Allegedly.

9 comments:

  1. hotter. "planet guzzling"? Is it the rubber mouthguard? I bet you've wasted more rubber in your time. I'd gladly send you all my money, but the sinking pound would put paid to half of it, and you'd only p*ss the rest away, that would never help. But if you send a photie of the head spot, I'll pass it to Doc Bob for comment.

    PS what's wrong with Brian? Trouser related I bet. Back or front?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Albert? Are you still here? Congratulations on not being dead yet. Brian Wilson is always dying of something caused by being too dumb to meditate. Hope this helps more. Hotboy

    ReplyDelete
  3. V. pleased about the clear spot from the path lab, and believe you to have genuine reasons for vigilance. New Caledonia was too far to nurse another dying friend, so just as well.

    Celebratory recommendations- skinny-dipping, naked dancing round a bonfire and homebrew. Hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I say!

    Well - that's a relief!!

    Will the removal of the lymph gland have an effect on your ching levels?

    I've never had an injection before a dental filling. I read somewhere that it only hurts if they drill away good tooth. That's wrong, of course, but it helps me cope. The dentist here lives in Malosa and is Dutch.

    MM III

    ReplyDelete
  5. ion - thanks for taking time out from the immediate ballox stuff, you're doing a great job and I'll "enjoy" reading anything you later post.

    mingers - ching levels already right off the scale (the left hand side). Do you thrash about?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I say!

    There was an unconfirmed rumour (via Doviko's local witchdoctor, so you can judge for yourself) that Carslemane had gone beyond the Top End and had actually reached your neck of the woods in New Caledonia.

    Any reported bar fracas recently in downtown Nouméa?

    MM III

    ReplyDelete
  7. I say!

    I seem to be lost in the blogosphere. Can anyone suggest some nice blogs to visit?

    MM III

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mingers - here's a nice blog - and could that be a sighting of Carslemane at the back of the crowd?

    http://sifnossecrets.blogspot.com/2008/06/red-bull-donkey-cross.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. I say!

    There's a definite likeness. Bit thin in the face though.

    MM III

    ReplyDelete