Wednesday, November 5

what a relief

Thank goodness he romped home as it turned out. If you think America's international standing was mud already, just imagine if the election had gone the other way. I think even I would have been considering a semtex strap-on. But as it is, this makes up for Martin Luther King. What a wonderful moment.

Mind you, who would want the job after the country and the world's been thoroughly shafted now? Besides, give him a few years and a few mistakes, and we'll see the press and voters turn on him. The Blair effect. But what a gifted guy!

Meanwhile, tomorrow's the day I get the lump out. The hospital phoned and told me to turn up at 7 a.m. I pointed out that the doc told me he'd do me at the end of his list, around lunchtime, so what was I going to do for 5 hours? "You could read a magazine." Bugger that, I'll turn up mid morning and they'll still have a couple of hours to run around with their forms.

Then the woman said don't eat anything at all after tonight. I pointed out that it's to be a local anaesthetic, not a general. "Well I'm just telling you what I've been told to say." The admin people are Australians, so they haven't a clue. If I'm to hang around in a ward for half the day, I'm not doing it on an empty stomach. Fasting for a local anaesthetic! They've got to be kidding. Porridge bacon and eggs here we come.

I think I'm going to be a bolshie patient now that I'm not getting it for nothing.

And my manager, all heart, when he heard I'd be off for a day asked me to do some extra paperwork because Q, the person I'm standing in for, should have done it before they went on holiday. I couldn't be bothered reasoning with him, so I decided to start getting the hang of these mind games - I told him I'd do it, knowing full well it would unfortunately slip my mind, just like it slipped Q's mind.

3 comments:

  1. Albert? Are you still there? Good luck with the dicer and slicer! You could have hid in the toilet for five hours doing the bliss, but not if you're a flatheid. Viz a viz the paperwork, can't you tell the management you're stressed out and will need to spend the next three months on the beach recuperating? Anyway, you should stop work for your dog's sake. The woof would have a much better time if you didn't go to work! Hope this helps. Hotboy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never thought I'd see this in my lifetime- faith in humankind restored! I want a gay Native American woman in the White House now- anything is possible!

    On tomorrow's surgery- congratulations on retaining the sentience to question nonsense instructions. This shows a healthy disrespect for authority, a repudiation of victim status and that there's a brain still attached to your neck lump(s). There'll be positive vibes irradiating you from overseas tomorrow.

    As for the bosses- fuck them and their false consciousness. Tell 'em later that your strict pre-op starvation regime induced a temporary hypoglycaemic coma....

    ReplyDelete
  3. hotters, I had forgotten that the reason I originally went part-time was so that I could be a good parent to the dog. What else do you have stored away in that memory?

    ion, yes, but I think Washington would draw the line at the idea of a blissheid in the White House.

    ReplyDelete