Saturday, February 28

work and other pains

Didn't sleep too well last night, due to the stabbing foot pain, like someone intermittently glassing you or sticking pins in your toes.

At first I thought it was gout, but gout's more of a joint thing. This is the skin, or nerves in the skin.

With the help of the web, I've worked out it's nerve inflammation caused by tight shoes (the new bargain ones, not such a bargain after all).

Apart from pain and work, there's not much to tell about life here in NSC.

But over in Australia, Albert's having a ball. I quote:

Went to the opening of an exhibition. Quirky and beautiful photos of Hong Kong by this woman. There was free wine and grub, and I had a balloon and a half of red on an empty stomach. Watch out for gout.

It was in a modern bar/restaurant, what they would have called a yuppie bar in my day. Not sure what was more beautiful - the pictures or the venue.

As it was Saturday night, there were normal people there too, young diners falling out of their dresses. Is there anyone left that doesn't have a massive cleavage on show? Maybe the pendulum will swing back, and the next big thing will be a high-neck blouse buttoned all the way up - the height of sexual allure. It has to either develop that way, or the opposite direction, where every second buttock will be hanging out. Dearie me! It wasn't like this in my day.

Sounds like Albert's having a exciting weekend to balance up my humdrum one.

5 comments:

  1. Albert? Is that you? The Dom Bliss says there wasn't so much cleavage about when we was young. Of course, I never notice things like that so it makes no difference to me. You could employ your tight shoes for waving them at people aggressively until the gout means you can have a walking stick. Serves you right for getting sozzled on non-alcoholic beer! Hotboy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say!

    I don't wear shoes before lunchtime. I think you will find that this helps.

    MM III

    ReplyDelete
  3. I say!

    Count every 'F' in the following text:

    FINISHED FILES ARE THE RE
    SULT OF YEARS OF SCIENTI
    FIC STUDY COMBINED WITH
    THE EXPERIENCE OF YEARS...

    How many did you find?

    Four?

    Count again. There are actually...



    six.

    MM III

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mingers. I found four. I missed the two on the second line. How does that work?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hotters, if I'm like this on Freedom Ale, how come you're still walking around? Dearie me, I should get on the list for proletarian liver transplants.

    ReplyDelete