Saturday, June 20

slap on back

This is a video of the discussion Albert recently went to see. It's the Aussie writer Christos Tsiolkas, reading from and talking about his latest book The Slap, which Albert enjoyed immensely but he reckons it might not work so well outside Australia. A bit like when you take a bottle of Ouzo home after a Greek holiday, to find it tastes rank in a cold climate.

I haven't had a chance to view the video yet, to see if there are any audience reaction shots of Albert himself. He'd be easy to spot - the only person in the auditorium not sitting down. Shaggers back.

3 comments:

  1. Albert? The video doesn't work in this hemisphere. I haven't been to see a writer for ages. Weird idea reading in public. I blame it all on Charles Dickens! Hotboy p.s. Also Christmas time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say!

    "The Slap" - is that a variation on one that spins the wrong way?

    MM III

    ReplyDelete
  3. I say!

    What language is it in? I can't understand a word. Sounds a bit like Samoan crossed with Swahili.

    MM III

    ReplyDelete