Tuesday, November 9

washing

I read a blog recently where the guy had used a washing machine for the first time ever. Coincidentally, here in the southern hemisphere we're balancing up. After a lifetime of doing my own washing, I've discovered that the cellmate actually LIKES doing washing. I suspect she was keeping that quiet for political reasons. I've started letting her add some of my gear to her wash. It comes back clean, dry, and folded.

Yes, her idea of a good weekend is hot sunshine for drying, so she can endlessly rotate clothes on the clothes line, and keep reloading the machine.

When she was a student she worked in a laundry, and learned how to wash all day on autopilot. A bit like when I was a kitchen hand, and learned to crack hundreds of eggs every morning, two at a time, into big buckets for the omelette chefs. I could do it like a pro, even with last night's psychedelics in my system.

8 comments:

  1. Albert? You could send you washing to Brian Wilson! He loves doing housework now that he's retired and has nothing else to do. Hotboy p.s. I was great at washing stuff by hand once. First, put your clothes in the sink to soak and wait till the water goes green.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't remember that part in Alma Mater.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Might have been mentioned in the Cyclists book!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I say!

    Our washing machine is called Doviko. Clothes come back perfectly ironed. Everything must be ironed, in order to kill putse flies.

    MM III

    ReplyDelete
  5. Does the Doviko require much maintenance?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I say!

    I expect you know what it's like - you're on your third MGT and you suddenly realise you don't have enough ciggies to see the night out.

    What to do, indeed?

    So I had to go down to the quarters and knock on Wilson's door. Fortunately he was there.

    He offered me one of his roll-ups, but I can't abide smoking newspapers, and goodness knows what might have been incorporated into the 'bacca'!

    I had to pay him overtime rates to walk the three miles to the Government Hostile and back to buy a packet of State Express. For protection, he took Casper, the Wonder Dog, and a panga.

    I expect he'll want a late start tomorrow, as well.

    Well, the weeds will grow.

    MM III

    ReplyDelete
  7. I say!

    I hadn't noticed your last Comment, Rob.

    Doviko requires payment, each month. As for maintenance, you'd have to ask his wife about that.

    MM III

    ReplyDelete
  8. I well remember State Express.

    ReplyDelete