Thursday, May 24

headless in hawaii (HNT)

Long long ago, after I split up with Angie and did the solo world wide walkabout, I found myself in Hawaii for a couple of weeks. I moved into a third floor apartment with a mixed bag of backpackers and fishermen. My room-mate was an old guy called Popeye, because that's who he looked like.

Anyway, the apartment building, built out of wood and standing on stilts, was riddled with termites. If you got up in the night, everyone in the building knew about it because the whole structure would wobble for ages. After a week, the authorities closed the building down, and everyone had to look for new accommodation.

My money was running out, and I worked out that a rented car would cost less than a motel, so I signed up for this small car and slept in the back. I got quite good at finding a suburban street where nobody would complain and where I was unlikely to be mugged. As you can imagine, I hardly slept.




After a few nights, the sleep deprivation was getting to me, and I couldn't even set up this self-timer shot without cutting off my head.

As I was taking the photo, two lovely but massive young Hawaiian women sauntered past. Normal people in Hawaii are built like a brick shithouse. One of the lassies called out to me: "hey, nice legs!" That cheered me up, until I realised she was being sarcastic.

HNT_1

14 comments:

  1. That's funny, bc I was going to tell you I thought you had nice legs before I read the actual post. LOL

    HappyHNT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great story and legs, Happy HNT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe you could have gotten a car where the front seats folded all the way back. Then maybe you'd have fit. Happy HNT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I think you have great,long,slim, sexy legs, so phooey on them. HHNT

    ReplyDelete
  5. But you DO have nice legs! And please tell me more about your walkabout... we have that in common! That's a great in-the-moment story about your time in Hawaii, thanks so much for sharing and the fun headless pic as well! For all the times I've flown across the Pacific to Oz and back, I've never stopped over in Hawaii! Maybe next time. ;)

    I have Osbasso to thank for my finding your link. I'm very excited to have met a fellow traveler today on Half-Nekkid Thursday! :)

    xoxo
    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with the comments thus far - nice legs! Maybe they were just jealous ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hooray! A better class of commenter has arrived (well, apart from the usual exception).

    HB - could the skinny punk old man look be catching on at last? I think not.

    Vixen/TK/Regal/BT/Simp - ta for visiting.

    Tara - what's a class act like you doing at a sad bastard's blog like this? Is it the Australian in me? Don't do the Hawaii thing unless you're after a sumo wrestler.

    BB - I hadn't thought of that, you could be right. You're a bit of a psychologist.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, one good comment deserves another. Nice legs. (And no sarcasm here.)

    ;)

    ~Him

    ReplyDelete
  9. HHHNT! Happy Hawaian HNT! :P
    http://absenceofsameness.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. What's wrong with you legs?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hawaii would be a great place to get over lost love

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hawaii would be a great place to get over lost love

    ReplyDelete
  13. toyo - I heard you the first time ;)

    ReplyDelete