Thursday, May 17

open head therapy 2

I've been getting some more help from Doctor Robert.

The transcript below explains everything. It's probably only interesting if you're me, but it's all true.




Doctor Robert: Today I want to find out more about what sort of person you are. Last week you said your life's going nowhere.  Have you ever tried meditation? It could help you focus on what you really want to do.

Patient: Well, I once tried using visualisation - that's a bit like meditating, isn't it?

DR: And did you get results?

Patient: Oh yes. It was back in the days when I used to jog. I discovered that you can boost your speed during a run, by visualising certain, er, invigorating scenes. I sometimes imagined myself jogging past a gorgeous blonde young mother.

DR: I think I know what you're going to say.

Patient: Yes, she would be screaming because her wee child was in the jaws of a bull terrier, being eaten alive. Using my axe or machete which I just happened to have with me while jogging, I would paralyse the dog with one almighty chop through its spine.




At this point in the fantasy, the adrenaline effect on my running speed was like hitting a turbo button. Amazing! Sometimes I would imagine the young mother's gratitude as well, but the main buzz was my attack on the dog.

DR: Well at least it shows you have a natural aptitude for public service. Have you considered a change of career, maybe some kind of avenging dog catcher?

Patient: I'd rather be a leaf blower patrolman.

DR: A what?

Patient: You know those annoying people who use leaf-blowers to move dead leaves from their garden into someone else's? And then the wind blows them all back again! It would be my job to deal with them. If they're doing it in their own garden or in the street, well they're fair game. I'd have a licence to kill them on the spot. Okay, occasionally you might find some poor employee doing leaf-blowing as a job - I'd have to spare them if could take me to the manager who told them to do it. I'd shoot the manager.

DR: I was thinking of something less violent.

Patient: When I was a kid I always wanted to be a plain-clothes cop, maybe one of the guys who bumps off muggers - just strolling around dodgy areas waiting for someone to make my day. I could dress as a wee old lady, wait for the tug on my handbag, pull out a magnum and - bang!

DR: Er, what about something more gentle? And legal. You're obviously interested in law enforcement - what about being a traffic cop?

Patient: Yes! I'd stand at a busy crossroads, and wait for drivers racing through on red. I'd throw buckets of raw offal on their windscreens as they cross the junction. Make them think they'd hit a pedestrian.

DR: But think of the mess!

Patient: You're right. I'd just shoot them.

DR: I see, there seems to be a bit of a theme here. Do you get these murderous feelings very often?

Patient: No, since I've been taking the bliss pills, I hardly get them at all.

DR: Well please don't stop taking the pills, that's all that's standing between you and a massacre.


HNT_1


If you think you too could benefit from spending some time with Doctor Robert, he's taking bookings now in the comments section.

16 comments:

  1. I still cant get over the headless thing, very very cool and freaky.

    Happy HNT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Onan! Now that you've eased back on the perversions ... well, this all makes sense to me. A chap with murderous thoughts ... better than suicidal. Get yourself a Bulldog 44. The sensei says that's good for shooty shooty! At last, you could be a help. Go forth and massacre! Hotboy

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL, you're too much. it's a bliss pill to come here...

    HHNT

    ReplyDelete
  4. I say!

    When I get back, Cabbage will likely ask me how much leaf blower patrolmen earn in Île Plate, NC. Do you have any more information?

    MM III

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've lost your head!!
    Happy HNT!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my...you lost your head again!

    I think you need a hug!

    Happy HNT!
    ~xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG, the headless ax murderer! Happy HNT and run for your life!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the headless picture, the ax picture is scary! Happy HNT

    ReplyDelete
  9. I say Old Bean,

    Have you thought about automating the interviews?

    MM III

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have a good weekend.
    And yeah, keep the bliss pills.

    ReplyDelete
  11. MM - thatnks for the link, I saw Eliza for an initial consultation, very helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Onan! In Bavaria can you get the bliss pills if you are not pregnant? Do you have to have on the lederhosen? This would help, I think. Hotboy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Onan! I'm pregnant!Please help! Counselling? The questions are ...well, you know! Just give us the answers! Hotboy

    ReplyDelete
  14. I might have to take you up on this talking to Dr Robert thing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey Rob, Hope you have a wonderful week!
    ~xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. mmm yes.. i need some of those bliss pills. though just reading this helped ;)

    ReplyDelete