Sunday, May 13

ma's day

deifheids n. - people who are unable to listen to anyone else, because they're too busy talking about themselves.



It's Mother's Day here today, and we have to go to the deifheids' place for a roast lunch. I'll wear earplugs, to even up the listening score.

I've agreed to go away for the weekend later in the year with the deifheids. At least I'll be able to talk to the trees. This is a photo of the wilderness shack we'll be renting:



The nearest house is about 10 miles away along a dirt road. Not much help if you get snake or spider bite. Thank goodness we'll have the dogs, to take a bite and lay down their lives if necessary.

10 comments:

  1. That place looks absolutely gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Onan! It's the setting for a horror movie. Alcoholic poisoning, folk screaming, the dogs eating the dead bodies! Would you like some pet bereavement counselling in advance? You have to be able to listen though. Hotboy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unless they have a full laboratory of anti-venom in the fridge, your neighbour 10 miles away will be not be able to help. Does your family be any chance suffer from over-expressed emotion? Research shows this can precipitate an acquired hearing impairment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That place looks amazing. I hope you have a wonderful relaxing time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. HB - alcoholic poisoning from my home brew?

    ion - if I wear fishermen's waders pulled up to my chest, would that help?

    LA - relaxing? I'll be happy just to survive.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhh, you'll have fun! Where's the spirit? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. lil - we're taking lite beer only, no spirits

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks great. How does someone find a place like that?

    ReplyDelete
  9. toyo - I don't know. It was one of the deifheids who found it. I don't know how those people do anything.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I say!

    Double-up, is my advice. Snakes will find it difficult to bite through two pairs of undies.

    I say - the khondi is on stilts. Watch out after a few MGTs that you don't lean out too far.

    MM III

    ReplyDelete