Thursday, May 10

HNT open head therapy

After last week's picture I was advised to get some help.

The transcript below explains everything. It's probably only interesting if you're me, but it's all true.






Doctor Robert: Just relax, and tell me what you have to report today.

Patient: Nothing much.

Doctor Robert: Ah, but you're not trying. Just cast your mind back over this week. Does anything come into your mind?

Patient: Well, I had a smoothie yesterday.

Doctor Robert: A smoothie?

Patient: Yes, a sort of deluxe milk shake.

Doctor Robert: And ... ?

Patient: It was wonderful! I've never had one before, but now I can see why people drink them. It's like an orgasm.

Doctor Robert: Just leave the psychoanalysis to me. Tell me exactly what happened.

Patient: Well, I met Cap'n Kev for a coffee in the village, and ...

Doctor Robert: Cap'n Kev, he's the one who tried to drown you at sea, isn't he?

Patient: Yes, but that was years ago, it's all water under the bridge now.

Doctor Robert: You were saying, you had coffee ...

Patient: Well actually, he ordered a mango smoothie instead, so I decided to try one too. I thought it was safer to go for strawberry, seeing it was my first time, and ..

Doctor Robert: You said it was like an orgasm?

Patient: It was the most sustained pleasure you can imagine. It comes in a tall glass, with a ridiculous narrow straw.

Doctor Robert: "Ridiculous" - are you over-dramatising again?

Patient: Well, the drink is thick and frothy, so you have to make a big effort, you suck your cheeks in hard, but still you only get a trickle in your mouth. I was going to throw the straw away, but then I realised there's a good reason for it. It slows you way down, so the drink lasts much longer.

Doctor Robert: How long?

Patient: Well the bliss lasted about 20 minutes.




Doctor Robert: Some people have to meditate to get that. Then what happened?

Patient: Well, that's the funny thing.

Doctor Robert: What is?

Patient: As I was slurping the last froth from the bottom of the glass, I suddenly felt bereft.

Doctor Robert: Bereft?

Patient: Yes, a wave of grief washed over me, I didn't want this drink to end, ever. I just wanted the waitress to keep bringing more and more.

Doctor Robert: So did you order another one?

Patient: At $6 a pop, are you kidding?

Doctor Robert: Well, before next week, I'd like you to go back to the cafe. Order another one, maybe mango this time, and write down any thoughts that you have.

Patient: So do you think it's significant?

Doctor Robert: Oh yes, the sucking on the straw symbolises attachment to your mother's nipple.

Patient: But I was a bottle-fed baby.

Doctor Robert: Exactly! Don't you see? The smoothie you never tried until yesterday - that's the mother's milk you never tasted when you were a baby. And your grief when the drink was finished - that was you as a baby, longing for the real thing. What you experienced today was a spontaneous regression. This is most encouraging!

Patient: Brilliant! Now, can you tell me what you think about the nightmare I had last night? I fell asleep reading this Ian McEwan book and then ...

Doctor Robert: Sorry, time's up. We'll talk about that next week.

Patient: Okay. I'll be back. This virtual analysis really works. Every day I'm getting a little more normal.


HNT_1


If you think you too could benefit from spending some time with Doctor Robert, he's taking bookings now in the comments section.

18 comments:

  1. Oh Wonderful!
    Happy HNT!
    ~xo

    P.S. ~ You have been tagged!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am quite fond of papaya and strawberry smoothies. i make them at home and eat them with a spoon. what do you think it could mean?

    HHNT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Onan! Only in Bavaria! Of course, ra bliss is beyond the ken of even the most accomplished flatheided smoothie sucker! Why didn't you tell the doc about the severe calvinist toilet training! Eh? But bottle fed? I might have guessed! That and the toilet training! Dearie me. You never really stood a chance after a start like that! Hotboy

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Normal? No, don't do it! lol!
    Cheers & Happy HNT!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful Post, Happy HNT!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I say!

    A mite troubling that you and your therapist appear to be twins.

    MM III

    ReplyDelete
  8. Normal is wayyyyy over-rated! LOL

    Frothies, oh yum! =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh yeah, even tho I'm not playing again this week, Happy Belated HNT! =D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Never had a smoothy, but at $6 a pop, I don't mind. Happy HNT and thanks for the comment. I'm glad too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That ressemble my therapy session a lot... ROFL... but men without head are scarry...;-))
    HHNT!

    ReplyDelete
  12. LA - thanks for the tag, I'll get on to that at the weekend.

    Lime - the doctor says you like an each-way bet.

    HB - do some people have the real thing? Dearie me! Do they turn into perverts? That's probably why I'm so straightforward.

    SeaRab - with head it was scarier and scarrier.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have an agony aunt letter for Dr Robert:

    Dear Dr Robert,

    Please advise me- am I more obtunded and less close to health/nirvana when I am a happy bunny or when I'm a miserable sod? Which is better in the long run? I'm good at both, and can turn them on when required.

    Thanks in advance,
    ion xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dear Ion.

    Both. Balance in all things. Anyone who's always blissful or always miserable cannot be truly happy. So long as you let it all out, you'll be alright. Look at hotboy!

    If you know your name, the date, and who's the prime minister, I'm not worried about you.

    Will that be cash or credit?

    DR

    PS - I had to get my assistant to look up "obtund" in the files. We doctors use it in two senses - to dull pain, or to dull faculties. We can talk about your pain next time.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dear Dr Robert,

    Thanks for your help. I forgot to mention that I work on a percentage payment system, so now you get 10% of my happiness and 10% of my not happiness, on a sale or return basis. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I say!

    I've completely lost track of who is Prime Minister. Is it Ian Paisley or Tony Benn?

    MM III

    ReplyDelete
  17. MM - People here thought it was Sir Anthony Wedgewood-Benn.

    ReplyDelete