Tuesday, October 25

good call, albert!

When I turn down a deifheid invitation and the cellmate goes on her own, I sometimes get a nagging suspicion that I may be missing out on something wonderful. Maybe a world class jazz muso would have been at the dinner.

Turns out that the dinner was everything I thought it would be, and more. Even the cellmate, the most optimistic and charitable person I know, came home indignant. Apparently there were two alpha deifheids present, and the competitive self-aggrandizing filled the stage.

Kindly, the sweetie deifheidette sent me a piece of her home-made pecan-pear-chocolate cake, so I was still able to savour the only positive part of the affair. Good call, Albert!

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like it was a good call to stay home.

    But it was lovely that you were sent cake. Cake is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say!

    Doviko would like the cake recipe, please.

    MM III

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nanners. Hereabouts, staying is almost always the wisest choice.

    Mingers, I'll send Doviko the phone number, just cut him off if the deifheid answers at the other end.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Albert! You need some assertiveness training! Start with an earhorn so you can pretend to be deaf and combine it with a megaphone. That'll be ten percent off the top, please. Hotboy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hotters, I like the idea, and it might even work in the dog eat dog world of the proletariat, but it's not quite cricket.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I say!

    Did someone mention cricket?

    Sad news about Graham, of course http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/cricket/international/england/8808423/Former-England-bowler-Graham-Dilley-dies-aged-52.html

    That chap had a fine action.

    MM III

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mingers. I've been told on occasion I have a fine action.

    ReplyDelete