Sunday, January 24

colonic synchronicity

Just got this email from Dances:
Spending the weekend preparing for a colonoscopy on Monday morning, so for some strange reason I thought I'd send you an e-mail. Whilst on a fast and vacillating my insides with some horrible preparation, I'm listening to Can,"amphetamine Gazelle" by Mad River, "Electric Storm" by White Noise and early Hawkwind...unfortunately I have no acid to add the icing to the experience, but somehow I just knew that spritually you're with me.

Only the enema to look forward to around midnight tomorrow...I love life; just when you're about to get bored, it always has a surprise.

I replied:
You won't believe this but the cellmate is going for the same procedure next Monday. Unlike me she's a colonoscopy virgin.

Have the best enema you could possible have, and enjoy the valium, such a pity they always administer the antidote afterwards.

Amphetamine Gazelle! I used to love the Mad River album. Actually I think it was more of a train-wreck fascination. Haven't been able to find the CD (or LP for that matter) here, but it's available for download on itunes! Not sure I could listen to it after the third sachet of bowel imploder though.

Work starts tomorrow as the summer hols end.

So this is christmas, and what have you done? A week in NZ ; jogging for a whole 20 minutes; some gardening. Is that all there is? You end up looking forward to getting back to work.

For the convenience of regular readers, this post is equipped with self-commenting technology. Save you the trouble.

5 comments:

  1. I say!

    The solution: "Maintain good personal hygiene."

    Need I say more?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Albert? The reason these people need the enemas is because they don't meditate. If they were generating your own bliss and joy ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Albert? The Dom Bliss has to get this done soon too! Because of how her dad checked up, her family are supposed to get them regularly. So they gave her this horrible stuff to clear her system. At the same time I did the yogi way which is to drink warm water with a touch of salt in it. Apparently, the salt makes the water go through your gut and not your kidneys. After six pints the water skoosking out your bum is clear. You might need some vaseline for your ring due to the salt, but you'll know all about that stuff. Hope this helps. Hotboy p.s. Tell Dances I was asking after him. Must have wrote the last comment when I was pissed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hotters, that's actually rather helpful. Anything would be better than those chemicals - I literally blasted myself off the pan.

    PS - might be easier to flag which of your comments are sober.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I say!

    Have put White Noise's debut album, An Electric Storm, onn my Spotify favourites.

    Hotters seems well-briefed on enemas.

    MM III

    ReplyDelete