Thursday, December 10

news in brief

  • Been working every bloody day - the novelty has worn off. If I had wanted to work hard, I would have chosen a career, and at least made some money out of it.

  • Finished reading a good book. I don't want to identify the book, in case I prejudice my trial. The hero seemed a lot like me, and I grew to identify with him. But then near the end of the story you realise he's a homocidal maniac.

  • Beer-related injury - opening a bottle of Freedom Ale, I was unscrewing the twist-off cap (a useful Aussie invention - no comment). The cap was stuck, so I had to really wrench it. The whole neck broke off, and I glassed myself in the hand. I must be too strong for my own good. Unlike the beer. Now I have to do everything left-handed, including changing the bandage on the dud hand.

  • I've been saving the video tape with the last few episodes of Ideal, because I didn't want it ever to end. It's my social life. A drug circle by proxy. And these people have become my friends. Moz has a chance of happiness with the daft girl, her name's Denny I think. I hope he doesn't blow it, like Albert.

  • But I found out there's a new series on the way, so I won't need to say goodbye. I'm going to watch the last episode now.



Edit:

  • I just watched the last episode. Disappointingly, there's a new character now, played by the woman from Nighty Night. She was good in that, but she's destroyed Ideal's credibility for me now.

  • The Christmas craziness has started. There's been an invite to dinner at the deifheids' place. Dearie me. The too dumb to medicate would benefit from drugs, any sort would help.

2 comments:

  1. Albert? Yon oz invention of the screw off cap is a brilliant idea! Wish I had the patent for that! Can you sue them? You must be an anti-alcoholic to find such strength to wrench the neck off a bottle of beer with no beer in it. There's a Hulk in us all, Albert, so I sympathise. Hotboy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hotters, I'd have to sue myself for capping the bottle too tight in the first place.

    ReplyDelete