Saturday, July 28

borderline behaviour

On Thursday I had a dramatic and expensive day in the borderlands, involving a graveyard, sexual abuse and the military. And a speeding fine. It was like an episode of Taggart, or maybe more Dr Findlay.

The story continued the following day when I met up in Stockbridge with the delightful sister in law of the long-dead ex, who was able to offer corroborating evidence as we caught up on the last 35 years.

I walked all day yesterday, a.m. with Glasgow Seb, and p.m. alone (bumped into the DB in waitrose), on a near-empty stomach. Then in the evening I had a room picnic after moving into the next B&B:

Two packets of Waitrose sandwiches reduced from £2.40 to 69p:
• Prawn cocktail
• Camembert with grapes and red currant chutney.
Three types of Olive.
A bucket of Strawberries, plus vanilla yoghurt.

Then I dozed off and missed the whole Olympic ceremony. Did you see it?

I've just woken up with my first ever Erdinger hangover, partly just dehydration from all yesterday's exercise.





4 comments:

  1. I say!

    The ceremony brought tears to my eyes.

    MM III

    ReplyDelete
  2. I watched the other side. They played a Republican song for Northern Ireland (Danny Boy)and I was told today that it was okay. Hotboy p.s. You really must be having a horrible time. I'm glad I haven't got any money to go anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mingers. Tears of joy?

    Hotters. I think you'd find it a horrible time, but being out of one's comfort zone can be liberating after a while. I offered to advise the DB this morning how to move you out of yours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I say!

    Yes - when they showed a cricket match fromm Ye Olde England.

    As a werewolf, Hotters can only plod down the same few tracks. Take him away from his routes to the allotment, the offie or the bar and he gets hopelessly disorientated.

    MM III

    ReplyDelete